The Influencer Marketing Lab
From YouTube Microcelebrity to Mainstream Star with Dr Kathryn Murphy
March 24, 2021
Episode 23 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
This week Scott Guthrie is in conversation with Dr Kathryn Murphy from Sheffield Hallam University.
In this episode we discuss:
- Kathryn's PhD charting Joe Sugg's rise from YouTube microcelebrity to mainstream star
- How his model to success could be used as a template for other influencers to follow
- The importance of authenticity, self-branding and networking
- We ask can authenticity be performed strategically?
- And we look at the internet 'celebrification process' - Kathryn's word; not mine.
Check out the Influencer Marketing Lab website for full show notes and related useful links.