The Influencer Marketing Lab
Gymshark's Calum Watson talks about building a 100-year brand
May 19, 2021
Episode 29 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
This week Scott Guthrie is in conversation with Calum Watson Global Partnerships Director at Gymshark the £1 billion sportswear and accessories firm.
In this episode we discuss:
- What it means to be a human-to-human brand
- How the company pivoted its influencer content strategy when its core customers were suddenly unable to access the gym to workout or to work due to Covid-induced lockdowns
- Why the early days at Gymshark were like building the rocket ship whilst trying to fly it at the same time
- How Instagram, TikTok and Twitch are all utilised within Gymshark's marketing communications strategy
- How Gymshark is aiming to build a hundred-year brand
Check out the Influencer Marketing Lab website for full show notes and related useful links.