Episode 31 of the Influencer Marketing Lab - a weekly podcast tracking the growth spurts and growing pains of influencer marketing.
This podcast is sponsored by Tagger the data-driven influencer marketing platform and social listening tool.
This week Scott Guthrie is in conversation with Yusuf Özdalga, partner at QED Investors a venture capital firm specialising in fintech.
In this episode we discuss:
- How the next wave of the creator economy is being funded
- What creator banking is
- How embedded finance might enable any company or even any influencer to become a fintech provider
- Why Jack Dorsey's company Square might have acquired music streaming platform, Tidal
- Why QED Investors backed neo bank Current - the company which also counts Jimmy Donaldson aka MrBeast as both an investor and marketing collaborator
- We also talk about YouTuber CJ So Cool and his offering of shares of future royalties in exchange for immediate funding from investors. We ask whether this model might gather momentum within the industry.
Check out the Influencer Marketing Lab website for full show notes and related useful links.
👍Check out the Influencer Marketing Lab for full show notes, related useful links and a transcript.
🆕 Don't forget to sign up for the companion newsletter The Creator Briefing ( https://www.creatorbriefing.com/ ) - the weekly newsletter from Scott Guthrie which provides a breakdown of all the major news from the creator marketing industry alongside his insight and analysis.